This resource was developed in 2018 by the NIHR with a number of partners who are acknowledged on pg. 48 of the toolkit.
Black and Asian minority ethnic (BAME) groups make up about 13% of the population of the United Kingdom and are forecast to increase significantly in the coming decades. This Toolkit aims to capture such best practice and provide researchers with a framework on how to improve the participation of BAME groups in research.
- Section 1: Consideration of the communities your research needs to involve
- Section 2: Undertaking effective patient and public participation in research
- Section 3: Conducting effective recruitment in BAME communities
- Section 4: Ensuring cultural competency in your research
- Section 5: Providing effective feedback to research participants
- Section 6: Recognising the recruitment in BAME populations – preparing a grant application