Health and care professionals and practitioners
Work with us to make a difference
The NIHR funds high-quality research that benefits the NHS, public health and social care, and provides learning and support to enable researchers to tackle the complex health and care challenges of the future.
There are a variety of ways in which health and care professionals can get involved in research. You can lead research in your field of interest, be a co-applicant or principal investigator for a study, advise sponsors or sites about the shape and feasibility of their research or take a lead in recruiting and delivering a study.
Or you may want to stay abreast of the latest evidence and encourage your patients and service users to get involved in a study taking place at your institution. Every role and every professional is important.
Our ARC is a region-wide and responsive network of clinicians, public health and social care practitioners, commissioners, voluntary sector providers, researchers, and other professionals – all focussed on applied research and innovation to prevent illness, improve care, promote health and reduce health inequalities.
Ways to work with our Applied Research Collaboration if you’re a health and care professional
- You can get involved in one of our themes or projects
- You can support research by contributing your expertise, experiences, perspectives or ideas
- We can help you with research evidence that will support your policy development and decision making
- We can work together to develop research proposals or apply for funding
- We can support public sector partners to evaluate their interventions
- We can support you with research training and development opportunities.
We are open to new partnerships and welcome the opportunity to work with any individuals or organisations who share our vision.
Piloting a new approach to evaluating PICE impact
We’re currently piloting a new approach to evaluating the impact of our Public Involvement and Community Engagement activities.
This is called the Dialogue and Change Award – find out more here.