The NIHR Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) North East and North Cumbria (NENC) has recently been allocated a small amount of Research Capacity Funding (RCF).
We want to use this funding to run a rapid call for project proposals which include a mental health or public mental health element – and which can start by mid-July.
To apply, you must be already be a member of the NIHR ARC North East and North Cumbria.
The maximum amount of funding that can be applied for is £21,000.
This award is separate from the Open Funding Competition 2021. Applicants can apply for both, but funding will not be awarded twice for the same project.
All project proposals should fulfil the specific criteria described in the competition rules below.
1. Proposals should be of short duration ( between 6-9 months) and must be able to start by mid-July.
2. The focus for projects should include a mental health or public mental health element.
3. Funding for proposals should not exceed £21,000. It is anticipated that either one award of £21,000 or a combination of awards totalling £21,000 will be made, depending on the quality of the submissions.
4. Indicative costs will be accepted in the application as it is acknowledged that it may be difficult to obtain confirmed costs within the specified timeframe.
5. Proposals which are ‘add-on’ elements to existing projects will be considered.
6. There is NO requirement for applicants to seek the support of an ARC Theme prior to submission of an application.
7. Proposals should include one HEI applicant and one non – HEI applicant, and must provide details of the team responsible for the delivery of the project.
8. All project proposals should be received by 13.00hrs on Friday 21st May, which is a final deadline.
9. Successful applicants will be notified by Tuesday 15th June.
Applications forms can be obtained by emailing email@example.com