Theme: Health Inequalities
Emmanuel is a Registered Mental Health nurse with a vast experience in delivering high-quality care to patients from diverse backgrounds. He is passionate about delivering holistic care to patients who are deaf, deafblind and hearing impaired, and their families and communities, in order to optimise their health and wellbeing.
He is a dedicated clinician with over 35 years of practice in mental health settings in Hong Kong and the UK. He embraces the implementation of transcultural practice and endeavours to challenge health inequality experienced by marginalised groups. He is fluent in British Sign Language and competent in communication tactics with people who are language deprived.
Emmanuel is enthusiastic about transformation especially in digital health technology. His is a beginner in research but committed to promote the application of research into practice.
Area of work
Emmanuel will be carrying out a qualitative study to investigate deaf people’s experience of the implementation of digital transformation in the North East and North Cumbria region
He will be using reflective thematic analysis to
- Explore deaf people’s experiences of changes emerging from the implementation of digital transformation since 2019 and assessing whether the process has been inclusive.
- Explore the key features of co-creation/co-production during the implementation of digital transformation with deaf communities.
- Further evaluate the engagement of deaf communities in the research process.
- Digital transformation and its implementation are evaluated. Challenges arising from digital exclusion and poverty and health literacy are adequately described.
- Deaf people’s access to information and their requirements for support are truly reflected.
- Recommendations for the process of co-creation/co-production in future transformations of services and further investigations in research methodology with deaf communities will be made.
`Areas of interest
- Digital transformation and digital health application
- Equality impacts and health equity assessment
- Public involvement and community engagement especially with D/deaf communities
- Mindfulness practice and trauma information care approach
Get in touch
Linked in: Emmanuel Chan